Complaints Against Email Spams

I am a frequent Internet user and I enroll myself into various websites with my personal email id for many of my purposes. As a result, I receive a huge number of spam emails at regular intervals. Although I have unsubscribed some of the services on the websites, yet I am receiving E-mail spams now and then.

I am unable to understand the reason but can think of two possibilities. The reason could be either those websites have no proper system to see who has unsubscribed their service or they do not follow any ethics. I feel they want to promote their websites in all forms possible without thinking that they are spoiling their image on the flip side. This way of email spamming is totally an unethical way of promoting one’s business and I do not encourage this.

With the excess of email bombing, I find it difficult to sort out my important mails. I feel extremely disappointed to see these unsolicited mails in large number in my inbox. It takes extra time to filter important from unimportant mails. Further, I have even repeatedly checked the mailing service and made sure that the service has been unsubscribed, yet all went in vain.

I just want to know that will this online customer board be of any help to me. I am sure there will be many people who are coming across similar cases. Kindly, help me in this issue and let me know what you can do to resolve this issue of email spamming.

by jkk. No Comments
Leave a Comment